Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Ready to rock the RCA

This weekend the Reformed Church of America is having their General Synod in Holland, MI. Ordinarily that would get only a moderate notice from me since I belong to their sister church, the Christian Refomed Church, and RCA synodical decisions have only a minimal effect on me. But this year I have been asked to play guitar for worship for this group every day (except Sunday) for the next 5 days or so. I practiced once with the brass and string group for the opening and closing worship and tomorrow I practice with just a keyboard player for the morning prayer sessions. I'm looking forward to this for a couple of reasons: 1) worship services planned by my friends Ron Rienstra and Greg Scheer are usually awesome so these should be too 2) it is fun to play guitar 3) it is fun to lead worship on the guitar 4) it is fun to play with good players - and I will be.

So, watch out RCA - I'm ready to rock.

No comments: