Sunday, January 30, 2005

Symposium on Worship and The Arts

I attended and spoke at the Symposium on Worship and The Arts this week and had a good time. I actually had a bit of an inspiration for my next project. My book is sort-of done. I met with an editor from a publishing house to be named later and he sent my book out for reviews. What happens next depends on the reviews but he's "hopeful." So I now have to do one of my non-favorite things: wait.

So, what's next? I'm thinking that this whole inter-generational worship thing that I've been working on needs some juice. I've been talking about this a lot and giving general type suggestions when I speak to church groups and at conferences but I'm thinking that I need to perhaps spend some time making resources that churches can use. Stuff that allows them to actually try a few specific things that will get them on their way.

What do you think?

1 comment:

bethany said...

I think the first step to being intergenerational is to stop thinking "us" and "them". I told you how annoyed I get when baby boomers speak with distain about post-modern youth. So, though generalizations are helpful, don't let them become stereotypes.

So I think there is a need for better understanding of what it means to be intergenerational.