Saturday, February 05, 2005

stress

How does one deal with stress? Here's my top five ways:
1. yell at my kids - not recommended. Usually doesn't help.
2. excercise - ok, the important thing to note here is that on Friday I tried to convince one of my students that a walk from my office down one flight of stairs to the coffee shop for a donut counted as my exercise for the day so this is one I'm in favor of only theoretically.
3. blogging - self evident
4. work - I sometimes try to dive in to work and keep my mind off the things that are causing me stress.
5. yell at my kids - go with your strengths I always say.

By the way, this is not a random topic today....

1 comment:

James said...

Bethany says that you don't post on this site because no one reads it. Well, that's not quite accurate: a lot of people read it. Or at least, I do. Probably once a day. Yeah, I confess that I am a bit addicted to blog reading... Speaking of that act/process/habit, I think we need to coin a word for it. Any ideas? My friend Matthew wrote about the problem on his blog a few weeks ago. I'm still tossing a few ideas around in the back of my head.

Anyway, you might know if, who, and how many people read your blog by using Sitemeter or another similar counter tool. Just a thought - as if we need more reasons to check our own blogs ten times a day!

James