Friday, April 29, 2005

Bono: In Conversation with Michka Assayas

I'm reading Bono: In Conversation with Michka Assayas in order to write a review for The Banner and I'm really enjoying it. This is probably as close to a memoir as we're going to get out of Bono for quite some time and it's absolutely fascinating. If there is still anyone out there wondering if Bono is serious about his faith (and could there still be those people after those last two albums????) this book will wipe out any doubts. There are many good quotes and I'll probably be posting some of them soon when I realize that my 100-word review will have room for none of them. Here's my favorite so far: "if I"m studying the scriptures, they become alive in an odd way, and they make sense in the moment I'm in, they're no longer a historical document."

No comments: