Sunday, January 29, 2006

Symposium '06

After three whirlwind days at the Calvin Symposium on Worship I’m really tired. Laura and I got home at about 11:30 last night and we had a great time. Lots of highlights, almost too many to mention. I think most of all, I enjoyed interacting with the people who we got to touch base with again. We especially enjoyed seeing Ron and Deb Rienstra again – they were here from sunny California and we don’t get to see them nearly often enough. In fact, the post-symposium dinner and conversation time with them was the icing on the cake for us. We also enjoyed connecting with the Friends of the Groom; talented funny people who help us see new ways to bring drama into worship. The worship services themselves were wonderful but I most enjoyed playing with the band in Thursday morning worship with my favorite piano worship leader guy, Kent. We also got to present a session on leading worship together with Paul Ryan, Greg Scheer and Daniel Coleman. The reception marking the 20th anniversary of Reformed Worship was a nice way to end the official events. All in all, a wonderful weekend.

Posts from other blogs about Symposium:

No comments: