Monday, March 27, 2006

things Bethany wrote: More Gender Essentialism from Conservative Christians

Bethany IMd me today and told me to look at the website for Wild At Heart conferences and pointed me to some particularly funny/interesting areas. I urged her to blog about it and she did. So go check out things Bethany wrote: More Gender Essentialism from Conservative Christians and visit the Ransomed Hearts website - pay particular attention to the mens' and womens' events. Note the images and the paragraph about child care that Bethany points to. Notice that there is no paragraph about child care on the mens' page.

Under the "advanced" heading it says "The Advanced retreats for men and women were intended – in our minds, at least – to help you go deeper in the message (help ensure irreversible change), and, by way of ripple effect, to help you better rescue the hearts of others and help them to stay with it." Irreversable change. Uh-oh

2 comments:

bethany said...

rescue me! rescue me from my feminism, oh advanced retreat-sters!

heather said...

Hi Bob, What an interesting blog. I saw your mention on C's Scatter O Light blog. Good stuff. I will be back!