Monday, January 29, 2007

Symposium ‘07

Another Calvin Symposium on Worship has come and gone and I had a great time. I didn't speak or play guitar until after it was all done this year so it was more relaxing that other Symposia of late. The presenters are very good, of course and the worship services are spectacular but perhaps the most fun is reconnecting with old friends and making new ones. Laura and I met and had lunch with Steve Burger from the Evangelical Covenant Church. Steve gave two talks on ministry to children and covers a lot of the same territory that I do in my talks. It was fun getting to know him and hear him speak.

I also got to know Keith and Kristyn Getty and played guitar for their concert Sunday night. Keith is an intense guy and our rehearsals were long and arduous but the concert went well and we had a good time.

I’m now in the very brief time between Sympo and the APCE conference in Philadelphia that I’ll leave for on Wednesday morning. Barely time to catch my breath!

No comments: