Sunday, August 28, 2005

Singing with my kids

Singing with my kids

Today I played guitar and sang in church again with my kids – at least with three out of the four of them. Pastor Marv thoughtfully asked if I would like to do this today since this is the last day Meredith and Bryan will be with me in church for a while since they’re leaving for Calvin College in a few days. I gratefully accepted the invitation. They really did a fine job, as usual. We lead the congregation in Chris Tomlin’s “Holy is the Lord” and then, after the Apostles Creed, sang Parachute Band’s song “Complete.” I wanted a song which featured Meredith and also gave us a chance to use the three part harmony (Meredith, Lynnae and me) that comes pretty easily to us. Plus, this is a song that I’ve wanted to do since I first heard it a number of years ago. It went well and I especially appreciate the chance to do this. Meredith and Bryan have gotten a lot better over the years. It’s going to be different around here with them in college.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes different.