Monday, May 01, 2006

Cream revisited

Back in this post (Bob's bloggery: Top CDs for the year) I mentioned that I was surprised that I didn't play Cream at Royal Albert Hall more than I did. Much to my surpise, I now find that over the first half of 2006 I played it quite a bit. The even more curious thing is that I tend to play that one at home instead of in my car. I'm not sure what that means but there it is.

So I now set the record straight - I actually play this CD as much as I thought I would when I gave it a positive review here.

I also should mention how much I enjoyed the Classic Albums DVD of Cream's Disreali Gears. Nicely done! This is a fine documentary about the making of their second album with new interviews with all three members of the band and some nice rare old and new performances including Eric Clapton doing a solo acoustic version of "Outside Woman Blues" and Jack Bruce performing "We're Going Wrong" solo at the piano. You also get a nice but short drum clinic from Ginger Baker. I got it for only $9.99 at Amazon and it was well worth it.

No comments: