Sunday, June 26, 2005

A More Profound Alleluia - post #2

I continue to read A More Profound Alleluia edited by Leanne Van Dyk.

In every chapter there has been some line that has deepened by understanding of either worship or of theology. As I was thinking back on the book today I considered this line from John Witvliet’s chapter: “The Holy Spirit is the forgotten participant in the Christmas drama.”

I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about Christmas. In fact, my wife and I have written eight Christmas plays for kids, six of which are already published with two more in press (you can see the newest one here) and John’s right. We’ve never once mentioned the Holy Spirit in any of the plays.

This summer we have to write a short play for families to use at home to be published in The Banner. I’m guessing that the Holy Spirit will show up in the play somewhere.

No comments: