Sunday, November 12, 2006

No more 'Justice'

I've written before about my desire to find a TV show that I'm willing to watch and stick with. Things don't look great at this point in my TV watching life. This season I've had three shows on my list, Lost, Studio 60 and Justice. - This past week Lost went on hiatus (to return in February.) To add insult to injury, FOX pulled Justice from the schedule, perhaps never to return. [Edit: the Fox website for the show says that it will return on Dec 11. I'll believe it when I see it.]

Justice
was the show I was most likely to skip of the three that I mentioned because, since each episode was self-contained, missing one was not a huge problem. Although I hadn't actually missed any of them, it was clearly in the cards. I could feel it on Monday nights that I had that "if I don't tape it it's no big deal" feeling. But I enjoyed watching it and I'm sad to see it go. I thought Victor Garber (pictured here) was great as Ron Trott. I especially liked it that he wasn't just the same character as he was on Alias. I thought the show worked and I was hoping it would stick around

So that's two shows down, one to go. I have recently written about my issues with Studio 60, although I must say that watching the last episode a second time I had a slightly better response to it. (I taped it so Lynnae could see it and I was in the room when she watched it.) NBC recently announced that they had indeed picked up Studio 60 for the entire season amid rumors that it was going to be canceled.

So, I might just get more work done this fall than I thought I would. It's a good thing that the final season DVDs of West Wing and Alias are out this fall or I'd have little choice!

'Justice' For None: FOX Yanks Drama - 'House' repeats will air on Mondays through November - Zap2it

No comments: